Doctor's Best Benfotiamine 150 + Alpha-Lipoic Acid 300 60 Veggie Caps
About Supplement Monster Doctor's Best Benfotiamine 150 + Alpha-Lipoic Acid 300
Benfotiamine (S-benzoylthiamine-O-monophosphate) is a synthetic derivative of thiamin (vitamin B1). Benfotiamine is fat-soluble, more bioavailable, and physiologically active than thiamin. Benfotiamine helps maintain healthy cells in the presence of blood glucose, supports against oxidative stress, and supports healthy aging. Alpha-Lipoic Acid supports the body’s defense against free radicals and recycles antioxidant nutrients such as vitamin C and vitamin E. Alpha-lipoic acid is a sulfur-containing fatty acid, it is soluble in both water and fat and is sometimes referred to as the "universal antioxidant".
- Doctor’s Best Benfotiamine + Alpha-Lipoic Acid helps maintain healthy cells in the presence of blood glucose and provides support against oxidative stress and supports healthy ageing.
- Benfotiamine helps protect oxidative stress induced by advanced glycation end-products.
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid supports the body’s defense against free radicals and recycles antioxidant nutrients such as Vitamin C and Vitamin E.
- Alpha-lipoic acid is a sulfur-containing fatty acid that performs vitamin-like roles in the body. Because it is soluble in both water and fat, alpha-lipoic acid is sometimes referred to as the "universal antioxidant".
- Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Vegan.
How does it work?
Benfotiamine raises the blood level of thiamin pyrophosphate, the biologically active coenzyme of thiamin, and stimulates transketolase, a cellular enzyme essential for maintenance of normal glucose metabolic pathways. Benfotiamine was shown to cause, on average, a 5-fold greater increase in blood thiamin levels than thiamin mononitrate, with a concomitant greater thiamin concentration in red blood cells. Benfotiamine readily passes through intestinal cells and is converted into thiamin. Alpha-lipoic acid is a key factor in the cellular process that metabolizes glucose for energy production. Ageing is accompanied by a decreased ability of the liver to recycle ascorbic acid following oxidative stress. R-lipoic acid, after two weeks of supplementation to aged rats, reversed the age-related impairment of ascorbic acid recycling and concentration in liver cells. Ageing is associated with oxidative stress in the brain. The brain's high rate of metabolism and its long-lived neurons make it particularly vulnerable to oxidative stress. Since alpha-lipoic acid interrupts cellular oxidative processes in both its oxidised and reduced forms, it plays a modulatory in the brain and nervous system.
Support for healthy ageing - Benfotiamine has several means of fighting the ageing process. By stimulating transketolase this can reduce the production on Advanced Glycation End Products (AGEs).
A Logical Merge - Benfotiamine and Alpha Lipoic Acid are two bioactive compounds that share common goals, in particular areas of health, albeit via different mechanisms. Best Benfotiamine 150 + ALA 300 is a sensible combination to oppose the oxidative stress that accelerates ageing, to promote maintenance of healthy glucose metabolism and to support a healthy nervous system.